Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms on the planet. It’s a great way to connect with friends and followers, share your photos, and get instant feedback. But what if you want to resize an image for Instagram? Believe it or not, this is actually a fairly common request. In fact, it can be tricky to resize an image without losing quality or causing formatting issues. In this blog post, we will show you how to resize an image for Instagram using some simple techniques. By following our tips, you’ll be able to resize an image without any problems whatsoever.
How to resize an image on Instagram
If you’d like to resize an image on Instagram, there are a few different ways to do it.
The easiest way is to go to the image’s “Edit” menu and choose “Resize Image.”
You can also use the toolbar at the top of the screen. First, find the size you want your image to be in pixels (width x height), and then click on the “+” sign next to it.
Finally, use the buttons below the size field to select a resolution (low, medium or high) and adjust other settings if necessary.
1 Resizing the Width
If you’re using an iPhone or iPad, the best way to resize an image for Instagram is through the Photos app.
- Open the Photos app and select the image you want to resize.
- Tap on the “share” button in the top left corner of the image and choose “copy” from the menu that pops up.
- Go to Instagram and tap on the three lines in the top right corner of your screen (or open Instagram if it isn’t already open).
- Paste the copied link into one of these lines and press enter.
- Select “width” from the menu that pops up and enter a new width in pixels (ex: 120).
- Tap on “set” and your image will be resized accordingly!
2 Resizing the Height
Instagram is a great platform for sharing photos with friends and family, but one downside is that images can be small. If you’re using an iPhone or other mobile device, the images may not be large enough to see. You can resize an image for Instagram using a desktop computer, but it can be time-consuming and difficult.
Here are four tips to help resize an image for Instagram:
- Use the free online tool ImageSize.net. This website provides a size grid that you can use to help resize your image.
- Use a photo-editing software program like Photoshop or GIMP to resize the image. Be sure to use the “scale” function to enlarge or reduce the size of the image.
- Use online tools like Canva to create a custom Instagram profile picture that uses your original image as a backdrop. You can also use this picture as your profile header and use different filters and effects to change its appearance.
- Save the new version of your image as a JPG file and upload it to Instagram using your regular user account credentials.”
If you’re like most Instagram users, you probably have dozens of images that you’d love to get up to date versions of for your social media platforms. But, with so many different screens and resolutions out there, figuring out how to resize an image can be a bit tricky. Luckily, we’ve got the 411 on how to resize an image for Instagram in just a few simple steps! So don’t let those old, pixelated photos keep you from showing off what’s new and beautiful on Instagram – learn how to resize an image now and get started!